Please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat in our next class.
Materials included in the course are the PetSaver Program Book, Knowing Your Pets Health Booklet as well as being Certified for 2 years in Pet CPR and First Aid. Certificates given can be framed and hung at your place of business as well as a wallet card with certification and an emergency card.
Our course is for anyone in the pet business, Vet’s office, Grooming Shops, Obedience Trainers, Pet Sitters, Dog Walkers, Retail Store Workers (Petco, Pet Smart etc.) and caring Pet Parents as well.
Our Motto is: “Improving the Quality of Pets’ Lives, One Pet Owner at a Time.”
Some of the material covered in the class includes:
- Caring for your Senior Pet-izen
- P.E.T.A.I.D. Priorities of Emergency Care
- Restraining and Muzzling
- Primary Pet Assessment
- Rescue Breathing
- CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Choking both Conscious and Unconscious
- Bleeding Protocols
- Heat Injuries
- Cold Injuries
- And so much more……………
- 1. T F Pet First Aid is the immediate care given to a pet who is injured or suddenly taken ill.
- 2. T F All human medicines will work on pets if you adjust the dosage for their weight.
- 3. T F As a general rule, normal temperature for dogs and cats ranges from 101° to 102.5° F.
- 4. T F Respiratory arrest can lead to cardiac arrest.
- 5. T F Rescue breathing is warranted when your pet has no heart beat and no breathing.
- 6. T F The Primary Pet Assessment takes several minutes and can include the skills and techniques of pet first aid, pet CPR, and pet rescue breathing.
- 7. T F If you suspect that your pet has been poisoned, it is more important to immediately get your pet to the veterinarian than to know what or how much of the suspected substance was ingested.
- 8. T F Using Pressure Points on dogs and cats is not adviced to control bleeding.
- 9. T F The Black Widow spider bite is virtually harmless to cats.
- 10. T F Death by poisoning is one of the least common preventable pet accidents.
- 11. T F Baby snake venom is as poisonous as their parents’ venom.
- 12. T F Cherry pits are NOT one of the many plant parts that are poisonous to your pets.
- 5 or less Poor: Statistically you can do better by just guessing. I don’t want you caring for my pet!
- 6 Correct Below Average: You know enough to be dangerous! Sign up for a Pet Tech Pet First Aid course NOW!
- 7-8 Correct Average: You only know a little bit more than your clients.
- 9-10 Correct Good: You must have had prior medical training or experience with humans and animals.
- 11 Correct Very Good: You are part of the new breed of Pet Care Professionals.
- 12 Correct Perfect Score! You can care for “The Pet Safety Guy’s” pet anytime and maybe it’s time you considered becoming a Pet Tech Instructor! Your pets are fortunate to have you.