Classes now forming for 2015. Please contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat in our next class.
Or, go to Pettech.net and search for me – my classes ARE available on the Pet Tech website. You can register and pay directly through Pettech.net.
Materials included in the course are the PetSaver Program Book, Knowing Your Pets Health Booklet as well as being Certified for 2 years in Pet CPR and First Aid. Certificates given can be framed and hung at your place of business as well as a wallet card with certification and an emergency card.
Our course is for anyone in the pet business, Vet’s office, Grooming Shops, Obedience Trainers, Pet Sitters, Dog Walkers, Retail Store Workers (Petco, Pet Smart etc.) and caring Pet Parents as well.
Our Motto is: “Improving the Quality of Pets’ Lives, One Pet Owner at a Time.”
Some of the material covered in the class includes:
- Caring for your Senior Pet-izen
- P.E.T.A.I.D. Priorities of Emergency Care
- Restraining and Muzzling
- Primary Pet Assessment
- Rescue Breathing
- CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Choking both Conscious and Unconscious
- Bleeding Protocols
- Heat Injuries
- Cold Injuries
- And so much more……………
TEST YOUR PET FIRST AID KNOWLEDGE
PLEASE CIRCLE THE MOST CORRECT
- 1. T F Pet First Aid is the immediate care given to a pet who is injured or suddenly taken ill.
- 2. T F All human medicines will work on pets if you adjust the dosage for their weight.
- 3. T F As a general rule, normal temperature for dogs and cats ranges from 101° to 102.5° F.
- 4. T F Respiratory arrest can lead to cardiac arrest.
- 5. T F Rescue breathing is warranted when your pet has no heart beat and no breathing.
- 6. T F The Primary Pet Assessment takes several minutes and can include the skills and techniques of pet first aid, pet CPR, and pet rescue breathing.
- 7. T F If you suspect that your pet has been poisoned, it is more important to immediately get your pet to the veterinarian than to know what or how much of the suspected substance was ingested.
- 8. T F Using Pressure Points on dogs and cats is not adviced to control bleeding.
- 9. T F The Black Widow spider bite is virtually harmless to cats.
- 10. T F Death by poisoning is one of the least common preventable pet accidents.
- 11. T F Baby snake venom is as poisonous as their parents’ venom.
- 12. T F Cherry pits are NOT one of the many plant parts that are poisonous to your pets.